Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Attack of the Spider-Lady-or Spiders Week, Day 2!

More spiders, yay! Let's get right to the arachnids, because it's more fun that way.
Bat necklace-Twin Dragon Asian Gifts
Black spiderweb dress-Made by me
Black and red obmbre fishnets-Claire's
Black pointy boots-Target
If this dress looks a little more costume-y than usual...well, that's because it is. It was actually a Halloween costume from 8th grade, when I went as a dead fairy. Funnily enough, no one really commented on it all day-I wonder what that says about my regular dressing habits that I can wear a jagged-edged pixie-skirted dress with shiny red spiderwebs on it, and no one so much as blinks twice.  It's a fun dress, though, and I enjoyed wearing it-it's actually super-comfortable, and I'm definitely thinking about bringing the pattern out again for some more everyday-styled dresses. I was a little worried that the pattern on the tights might kind of clash with the pattern on the dress, but I think they ended up playing rather well together. I think I'm getting more daring about mixing my patterns! Do any of you have "costume" pieces you've re-used in unusual or fun ways?

4 comments:

  1. To me those patterns don't clash at all, you look great! It's surprising how well can patterns get along sometimes. :) I love those fishnets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Aren't they fun? I especially love them because I bought them on super-clearance of the kind they frequently have at Claire's, so I think I only paid about $2 or $3 for them. Bargains are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress does look comfy, but in an "I still care about my appearance" kind of way! :) I think it's a good thing when you've reached the point where people don't make a big deal about what you wear. It's a nice feeling, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look, everything works very nicely together and the cut of that dress is so lovely! I tend not to really use Halloween costumes, I just use stuff in my wardrobe. When I was younger though (around 8) I had a bat costume. I wore the wings during the months after Halloween and would pretend to fly around the kitchen and would try to catch gnats to eat! I really wanted to be a bat!!

    (By the by I changed the URL of my blog meaning that while it says that you follow it, you won't receive new posts from me. If you follow the link below, select unfollow and then click follow you'll be connected to my new URL. Should only take 10 seconds! And if you could let me know when you do? Argh so sorry for this, honestly didn't realise that I would have to redirect everyone!

    http://gothicphantomcat.blogspot.com/
    Thank you SO much,Rebecca. x

    ReplyDelete