Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cry, Cry Baby Or Goth (Stereo)Types Day 2, Gothabilly

For Day 2 of Goth (Stereo)Types week, there was really no question of what I wanted to do: Gothabilly (as she calls it), or rockabilly, as I call it. I do have a certain affinity for 1950s style clothes-it's probably my second favorite clothing era after Victorian, and the shillouettes are fun, sexy, and suit my figure quite well. In fact, before I officially started calling myself a Goth, I used to tell people I dressed like the lovechild of Tim Burton and June Cleaver on her way to the Ren Faire. This outfit is a lot closer to the example pic than the one yesterday!
Image copyright Megan Balanck
And here's my version of a Gothabilly outfit:
Pearl necklace-Inherited
Polka dot blouse-Goodwill
Polka dot skirt-Goodwill
Wine colored underbust corset-Canal Boat Trading
Fleur-de-lis tights-TJ Maxx
High heeled Mary Janes-Hot Topic
I actually wasn't planning on wearing a corset today, but when I put the blouse and skirt on, it fairly screamed POLKA DOTS-which, while not a BAD thing, per se, also wasn't what I was going for. So I tossed on the corset to break up the pattern and add a pop of color, and presto! I like the touch of red, and I think the dark wine color is a little more unusual paired with black/white than a bright scarlet. Watch me branching out my color combos like a boss. :P And I am truly sorry you can't see the pattern on the tights better, and I couldn't get a picture of them to turn out, because they. are. Fabulous. Covered in fleur-de-lis and subtly sexy, they make me so happy! And what is the point of living if your legwear doesn't make you happy? Not much, says I!

3 comments:

  1. I love gothabilly style, and I really love polka dots! I like the way you used the corset, I was thinking of doing something similar when I finally get a proper corset, because this one dress just looks odd around the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find the latest used and new boats for sale.
    Great used boat deals and prices.
    More here used jet boats for sale

    ReplyDelete