Sunday, June 3, 2012

Red and Black Week: I'm Back!

Hello, lovely readers! Sorry I've been largely absent for May-school has just been crazy! But I'm back in time for the lovely Sophistique Noir's Red and Black Week, and very excited indeed for it. When my blog was just a wee fledgling last year, this event introduced me to a lot of great Goth bloggers and got me some of my first followers. As such, I'm very grateful to VictorianKitty for hosting it, and very fond of it!


So, without further ado, here's my first outfit for Red and Black week:
Black skull t-shirt-Buffalo Exchange
Red pleated skirt-Paper Bag Princess
Black printed fishnets-The Warehouse
Strappy Mary Jane flats-Ross
Fairly simple and straightforward. I think the red is a little more orange-y and a little less jewel-toned than the reds traditionally used in Goth clothing, but the skirt was so darn cute I couldn't resist it. I'm just a sucker for short pleated skirts! It's a little more casual/punky than my typical style, but considering we have the day off today and I'm just writing papers and possibly running to the grocery store later, I didn't feel like getting all dressed up with no place to go. I'm glad to be back, and glad to be wearing red and black! 

1 comment:

  1. You are too sweet! I'm glad Red & Black Week has become something people look forward to.

    And I'm loving this new casual side of you! Like you, I generally prefer to be dressed to the nines, but that makes those rare casual days so fun in their own unexpected way. And WOW, you are showing those beautiful legs to great advantage with that skirt/hosiery combo. I love it.

    ReplyDelete