Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Blogger

Hello, ladies and gents! Sorry for my extended absence from blogging, but between the craziness of finals, moving out of my dorm, and finalizing paperwork for my Study Abroad in New Zealand, I have been hugely busy. I'm not normally huge on New Year's Resolutions, but the one I want to make for this year is to be a more consistent blogger. I've also sadly neglected the geek portion of my blog, and I want to bring the "comics" part of my tagline "From Comics To Corsets" into truth with more book and movie reviews and looks at the intersections of goth and geek culture. There are a lot more than you would think!

As to the other stuff I like to post about: I have a fairly large backlog of outfits, and I've been sewing again, so keep your eyes peeled in the coming days for a plethora of outfit posts and the return of my SewVeryGoth feature. If you don't remember this, don't feel bad-I've only posted about three or four of my sewing projects since the blog started. I've done more, but I haven't posted about them! However, I'm participating in the Stitcher's Guild SWAP (Sewing With A Plan) contest this year, attempting to sew 11 items that will all co-ordinate with each other in a set wardrobe. I've added an extra element of challenge for myself-I'm trying to make versatile items that will travel well, be wearable in a number of situations, and still maintain my elegantly Goth-y style. I leave on February 16th, so even though the deadline of the contest is April 20th, I have about a month and a half to make 11 things. Considering I've used almost all the patterns before, and I almost finished one blouse from cutting out to partial construction today, that's not as difficult as it sounds (I hope). Have a bright and happy 2012, all my lovely readers and fellow bloggers; I hope that I will be seeing a lot more of all of you than I did in 2011! 

No comments:

Post a Comment